Day 4 of the 10 Day CEP Countdown.
This post is a little preemptive as I am yet to actually even start packing and so what ends up in my suitcase and what’s on this list might not actually line up once I get round to it in a few days. However, now I have most of the things I need (I think) apart from a few little bits I thought I’d let you know what I’m planning to take with me for my Cultural Exchange Program.
- Passport including J1 VISA (+ photocopy).
- Disney Program Offer Letter.
- DS 2019 Form (+ photocopy).
- DBS Certificate.
- Proof of Disney Medical Insurance.
- SEVIS Payment Confirmation.
- DORMS Boarding Pass.
- Disney Program Fee Confirmation.
- Arrival Itinerary.
This is going to be rather unspecific in terms of exact items however for the number of clothes to take the general consensus is that you should take 14 days worth. This should be enough to rotate and wear and wash throughout the length of the program. Although, if you are anything like me you’ll definitely overpack and I say this knowing full well I have too much when I haven’t even opened my suitcase yet!
(This is also a clothing list specific to what I will be taking so not everything will apply to everyone!)
- Shorts – a handful of shorts both denim & floaty.
- Dungarees (can’t forget my beloved Luck & Yak’s).
- Loungewear/Airport clothing e.g. leggings, joggers etc.
- CEP Hoodie (kindly arranged by a lovely girl on the Program & will be what I’m wearing to the airport!).
- Rain Jacket.
- Swimwear ( 2x bikini’s and 1x swimsuit).
- Business Casual Wear (for training and Disney Traditions But MUST follow Disney Look guidelines).
- Shoes (trainers, sandals, flats etc.)
- Backpack/Day Bag.
- Phone and charger.
- Laptop and charger.
- Camera, spare batteries and charger.
- SD Cards.
- Film Camera + film.
- Plug adaptors.
- Extension cable.
- British snacks (Can’t live without my Cadbury’s and Jaffa Cakes!).
- Mickey Ears.
- Water Bottle.
- Hand sanitiser.
So, as I said, this isn’t the most comprehensive list and I know I will be needing to take a few more things but this is the general guide I’m going to follow to make sure I have everything I need. At the end of the day I am living in central Orlando so it’s not like I won’t be able to find something if there are things missing and toiletries and bedding etc. aren’t on the list as I will be buying the majority of those out there to save on suitcase weight.
I hope this helped and has at least given you a guideline of what you may need to pack.
Tomorrow we are into the 3 day countdown and although I feel more ready than yesterday I still don’t feel ready at all!